An example of the add-on in use
- To schedule a meeting, the teacher goes to their Google Calendar, and schedules their meeting by using the Attendance Taker add-on.
The teacher can choose to use Google Meet for the meeting, or paste any meeting URL into the add-on, be it Zoom, Skype, GoToMeeting, Bluejeans, Cisco WebEx or others.
Our add-on will generate a unique URL for this tracked meeting.
- Next, students join the class by clicking on the unique URL in the invite.
They will land on the Attendance Taker landing page.
- The landing page will detect the Google Classroom account and will record the student's attendance automatically.
The landing page will also validate the Google account with the student list from Google Classroom.
If the student is using an unrecognized account, the page will detects it and ask the student to log in with their associated Google Classroom account.
- Students' attendance will be taken in no time and redirected to the actual meeting.
Every unique meeting URL comes with an expiry timestamp. No attendance will be taken if the class has ended.
- Finally, admins can go into the add-on to generate the attendance report with just one click.
The report will be generated into a Google Sheets format and stored into the user's Google Drive.
The add-on also has some filter criteria so admins can generate the report with the right amount of data.