Migration window has closed. If you still need to migrate, contact our Support Engineers.
Before You Begin
Who is this document for?
You are the intended audience of this documentation if you fit both of these criterions:
- You are using JIRA Cloud, i.e. not JIRA Server.
You have an active license for the Connector for Salesforce.com and JIRA. To confirm this, check the license status page in JIRA Cloud by navigating to Add-ons > Cloud Connectors > Licensing. You should see a 'Valid' status for Salesforce.com, as below:Click here to expand...
Otherwise, we would advise not to proceed. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have inquiries.
This page will be updated over the next few weeks to include the latest information. For your convenience, major updates will be stated in this section.
- - Page published.
- - Migration timeline updated.
- - Migration timeline updated.
- - Migration timeline updated. License migration completed. First part of auto-push from Salesforce has been released for the New Connector (see docs).
- - Migration timeline updated.
- - Auto sync feature (from Salesforce to JIRA) is completed (see Configuring Automatic Jira Issue Creation from Salesforce and Configuring Automatic Pull from Salesforce).
- - Migration window opened.
- - Migration window closed.
- - P2 Connector officially removed from JIRA Cloud.
A few years ago, ServiceRocket introduced the Connector for Salesforce.com and JIRA for JIRA Cloud (formerly known as JIRA OnDemand) built on the Atlassian Plugins 2 framework (hereby known as "P2 Connector"). Ever since then, the P2 Connector has been a pre-installed add-on in all JIRA Cloud instances. However, the time has come to phase it out from JIRA Cloud due to important reasons:
- To comply with Atlassian requirements, all P2 add-ons must be removed from JIRA Cloud. This is part of Atlassian's strategy to scale and accommodate growth of JIRA Cloud platform. The Atlassian Connect framework is now the new standard.
- Deployment of P2 add-ons on JIRA Cloud may take long cycle times, which means delays in bug fixes and improvements.
- The license tier model for P2 add-ons has become irrelevant in the Atlassian Cloud platform. To issue a P2 add-on license, manual tweaks are required to process the license.
In November 2015, ServiceRocket introduced the all-new Salesforce & JIRA Cloud Connector (hereby known as the "New Connector" within this document), which so far has almost 200 active installations. This connector was built from the ground up, using the modern Atlassian Connect framework to deliver a true SaaS-type solution. The Atlassian Connect framework also allows us to deliver fixes and improvements more frequently (see release notes). More importantly, it helps add-on vendors to overcome the limitations mentioned above.
Having said that, existing users will need to go through a mandatory migration to the New Connector, as described in the rest of this documentation.
The timeline here is an estimation, and subject to change. Any changes made will be noted in the "Changelog" section.
Week of 5th September 2016:
- Your active P2 Connector license has been migrated into a free subscription of Salesforce & JIRA Cloud Connector. (see "How do I migrate?" section). Note that your P2 Connector will continue to work as usual.
Week of 10th October 2016:
- Migration window opens. You will receive an email notification from ServiceRocket.
31st October 2016:
- Migration window closes. Atlassian removes P2 Connector from entire JIRA Cloud platform. (See "What happens if I don't migrate?" section).
Overview of Salesforce & JIRA Cloud Connector
Though it has a new and improved look and feel, the connector provides similar functionality to the Server connector and serves a similar purpose. Based on what we've learned throughout the years of developing the P2 Connector, the New Connector was designed to make the configuration and maintenance much easier for administrators, and to provide ease of use for end users.
Advancement in Salesforce side
The New Connector also comes with a Managed Package, certified by Salesforce AppExchange. It provides an easy way to connect your Salesforce to JIRA Cloud, as well as pre-built, rich Visualforce pages to create JIRA issues, associate, view comments, etc.
Auto sync feature (from Salesforce to JIRA) is available (see Configuring Automatic Jira Issue Creation from Salesforce and Configuring Automatic Pull from Salesforce.
Can I test drive the connector?
Yes, you may create a trial instance of JIRA Cloud and subscribe to a trial of the Salesforce & JIRA Cloud Connector.
Differences Between the Connectors
Since the New Connector was built from the ground up and tailored for use in JIRA Cloud, it features the latest and greatest interface and functions. We believe the New Connector provides a much improved experience, but still provides the sophisticated functionality found in the P2 Connector.
In general, these are the main differences:
|P2 Connector||New Connector|
|Remote System Reference||Associations (with push/pull enabled)|
|Remote Object Link / Multi Remote Object Links||Associations (with push/pull disabled)|
|Remote Issue Link||Associations (with push/pull disabled)|
|Mapping Scheme||Binding and Mapping|
The complete functional differences are laid out in the following document:
Apart from that, since Atlassian Connect framework requires vendors like ServiceRocket to host the add-on on a separate server, we thought you might want to check this out:
- Security statement of the New Connector.
Despite availability in JIRA Cloud, the P2 Connector uses a licensing model designed for JIRA Server. The New Connector, however, is based on a subscription model. A monthly subscription is the default option, though an option for an annual subscription is available upon request. Contact email@example.com to request this option.
Depending on the license tier you have in JIRA Cloud, there might be price differences moving forward. For your convenience, here is the full pricing table:
|User tier||New Price/year||Renewal Price/year|
|10 users (Starter)||$10||$10|
|User tier||Subscription price/month|
|10 users (Starter)||$10|
Note that the licensing of the New Connector is solely managed by Atlassian hence purchasing is only available through the Atlassian Marketplace. All inquiries regarding subscription e.g. evaluations, upgrades, downgrades or renewals can be forwarded to the Atlassian Sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the pricing model, check out the Atlassian FAQs. You may also have the following questions:
How does cloud add-on pricing work?Click here to expand...
Cloud products and add-ons are hosted by Atlassian. You are eligible for support and automatic version updates as long as your subscription is active.
Your subscription automatically renews every month. Annual pricing is also available. Your pricing tier for host products and add-ons is automatically upgraded (as necessary) when you add users to your instance.
If add-on pricing changes after your initial purchase, there's a 60-day grandfathering period during which you can renew based on the old pricing.
How do I determine my cloud pricing tier?Click here to expand...
The cloud add-on tier is set automatically based on the maximum tier of the licensed JIRA applications on your instance. For example, if you have JIRA Software (50 users) and JIRA Service Desk (10 agents) on the same instance, your add-on tier is 50 users.
How Does Migration Work?
This migration does not incur an extra cost, as the remaining terms of your active P2 Connector license will be converted into a free subscription of the New Connector.
You will find inside https://my.atlassian.com that you already have an Evaluation license of the New Connector (per timeline provided on this page).
The license migration will also:
- Automatically match the current user tier in your JIRA Cloud instance.
- Automatically take the expiry date of your active P2 Connector license and convert into a free subscription of the New Connector. In addition, the end date of the subscription is automatically adjusted to the last day of the expiry month.
For example, if your active P2 Connector license expiry date is 5th of November 2016, the free subscription would end on the 30th of November 2016.
What if you don't see any valid license available for the New Connector or the New Connector is not available?
Most likely your P2 Connector license has already expired by the time of the migration. If you have recently renewed the P2 Connector with ServiceRocket, your license will be migrated soon.
Please contact ServiceRocket if you believe you should have a valid license migrated.
What happens when the free subscription ends?
If you plan to continue using the New Connector, you will need to re-subscribe through the in-app billing page in JIRA Cloud. This will take you through the normal add-on purchasing process; by going into another Free evaluation license, followed by subscription. Note that Evaluation license contains full features of the New Connector.
To assist with data migration we have prepared a self-service migration tools that consist of two parts (per timeline provided on this page):
- Exporter in the P2 Connector
- Importer in the New Connector (you will see that Salesforce & JIRA Cloud Connector is already installed in your JIRA Cloud instance).
The tools will be able to automate the migration of connection, mapping and association; however there will be some manual re-configurations required. We have prepared a complete guidelines to walk you through the steps. Check the "Call to Action" section.
What happens if I don't migrate?
If you don't migrate before the migration window closes, Atlassian will produce a one-time export of the P2 Connector, stored for a temporary period in the JIRA Cloud instance. Bear in mind that the P2 Connector will be removed after migration window closing date, hence features provided by the P2 Connector will not be functioning anymore.
The data migration process involves several steps:
- Planning out your migration
- Exporting data from the JIRA Server connector...
- ...and then importing into the New Connector
- Installing the Salesforce package
- Completing the setup
Contact us at email@example.com.
- No labels