A Configuration Wizard provides some default settings for a basic working configuration in JIRA to make the process easier as well as provide a basic configuration for administrators to work with.
Accessing the Wizard
To access the Configuration Wizard:
- Go to the Cog Icon > Add-ons.
- Click on Connections under the Cloud Connectors section.
- In the Actions column of the connection you want to configure, click Wizard.
The next screen allows you to choose which object you want to associate with which project.
Select your remote object from the drop down list of possible objects in that system and a JIRA project.
It is possible to select multiple objects in this step by ctrl-clicking each object in the selectable list.
You can then choose what fields from the JIRA projects are mapped to Salesforce.com objects during the Mapping Configuration process.
The next option asks, "Would you like to automatically associate the field with all screens?"
This refers to the custom field that was created during the mapping creation and belongs to the Connector. The custom field type is a Remote System Reference type.
Clicking Yes will associate the custom field with ALL screens that are available on your JIRA instance.
If you would instead like to customize what screens the custom field is associated with, then click No.
Click Create Configurations.
- If successful, you will see the following screen:
Verifying or Customizing the Configurations
The wizard should have created the following. To verify or customize the configurations, please refer to the documentation in the right column.
Created by the Wizard
Mappings (will have "Default mapping generated by the configuration wizard." as the mapping description.)
Mapping Scheme Configuration
Project Mapping Association
Now you may want to consider the following step:
Or you can start:
- Adding a remote system reference to start associating JIRA Issues with Salesforce Objects
You may also start configuring your Salesforce.com instance:
- Start with learning about Endpoints - the URLS that are required for Salesforce.com configuration; then move on to
- Configuring the "Related JIRA Issues" View; or
- Configuring the "JIRA Issue Creation" Button; or
- Configuring the "JIRA Issue Synchronization" Button; or
- Configuring the "JIRA Associate" Button; or
- Configuring the "Link to JIRA Issue" Button
- No labels