Setup Ticket Sharing Agreement in Zendesk
Zendesk creates new issues and synchronizes comments with JIRA using the same method that allows sharing of tickets between Zendesk accounts. You will be able to setup a ticket sharing agreement between Zendesk and your hosted or on-premise JIRA server. The steps to setup ticket sharing is detailed below -
- As an administrator in Zendesk, navigate under the SETTINGS menu, click on TICKETS. In the Tickets page click on the Ticket Sharing tab.
- On the Ticket Sharing tab, a section for existing Sending agreements is listed. To add a new Ticket Sharing Agreement, click on the add sharing invite link.
- Clicking on the link above will display the New Sharing Invite popup. Since JIRA is an external system that will connect to Zendesk, click on the invite an application outside of Zendesk link.
- The popup will change into Create a new agreement popup where depending on the possible remote systems Zendesk can connect to a series of images will be displayed. Click on the Atlassian JIRA logo.
- Fill in the details of the JIRA server to send the agreement to:
- JIRA server URL: e.g. http://mydomain.jira.com/
- Comment and status permissions: Decide if you'd like to allow JIRA users to make public/private comments and sync status between the JIRA issue and the Zendesk ticket.
- Tag synchronisation: Decide if you would like to sync Zendesk tags with JIRA issue labels.
Now that a Ticket Sharing Agreement has been sent from Zendesk, the JIRA instance needs to accept, configure the agreement for a project and test the connection.