You may 'force' creation of pages with a standardized page title. This is useful when you are organizing meeting notes pages, budget documentation, status updates, or any time-sensitive documents.
By using an 'injection' notation (sample in the Steps section), you can dynamically add the current date to a page title.
You can copy and paste this code into the Confluence Source Editor:
You can recreate the example in the editor view:
- Add an Add Page macro.
To set the title of the pages to be created, fill out the Name parameter. In this example, we want to create the pages with title format 'Meeting Notes for Feb 20, 2018', so we will use an 'injection' notation with a keychain from Date Supplier:
This can be customized to your liking, see full description here. For example:
- %global:current date>date:yyMMdd% will appear as 170814.
- %global:current date% will appear as Mon Aug 14 16:05:16 MYT 2017.
- %page:creation date% will appear as 2017-08-14 14:46:51.553.
- For the link inside the current page, let's specify 'Create a new meeting notes' as Link Text.
- If you want to create the pages based on a template, fill out the Source, Source Type and Live Template parameters.
- Add a Children Display macro, to show the list of pages created through this Add Page macro.