Migrating from Scaffolding Server to Scaffolding Cloud
In this page:
This page outlines the steps to migrate your Scaffolding data from Confluence Server or Data Center to Confluence Cloud.
Before you start, read and understand the following information:
- Understand the macro differences and feature differences between Scaffolding for Confluence Server and Confluence Cloud to have an idea about what the data will look like after migration to Cloud.
- Your Scaffolding Structures and Live Template macros will be migrated automatically along with Confluence data by using the current version of Atlassian's Cloud migration assistant.
At the end of this guide, you will have:
- Upgraded Scaffolding to version 8.25.0 or above.
- Prepared the Scaffolding data and templates in Server.
- Performed the migration using latest Confluence Cloud Migration tool.
- Checked and re-configured your Scaffolding data in Confluence Cloud.
These may take a few hours to complete depending on how large your Confluence data is.
Step 1 - Plan out your migration
Follow through with the steps in Step 1 - Plan Out Your Migration (Scaffolding)
- Find and identify the pages that are using the Scaffolding macros.
- Prepare the Scaffolding data in Server.
- (Optional) Prepare a set of test data and a staging instance to perform a pre-migration before performing the production migration.
- Schedule the migration window.
Step 2 - Proceed with Cloud migration
Follow through with the steps in Step 2 - Proceed with Cloud migration (Scaffolding)
- Have your Confluence Cloud instance ready.
- Perform the migration using Confluence Cloud Migration Assistant (CCMA) tool.
Step 3 - Post-migration Steps
Follow through with the steps in Step 3 - Post-migration Steps (Scaffolding)
- All pages with Scaffolding macros will arrive with a clickable button "Migrate Scaffolding". Click on this to resume with the migration of the page.
- Check and compare the results of the migration.
- Click on Step 1
To go back to the migration hub, click here.