Page Approval can be added on a space level. This will automatically add the Page Approval content into any page in a given space without manually adding a Page Approval macro to each page.
Page Approval content will automatically appear on newly created pages. However, existing pages will need to be edited and saved for the Page Approval content to appear.
To configure the space level Page Approval, you must be an administrator or have space admin privileges.
Accessing the space level Page Approval configuration screen
To set up the space level of Page Approval:
In the space that you want the macro added, go to Space Tools > Page Approval.
If there is a Page Approval macro directly on any page within the space, the page level will take precedence over the space level.
- The space level Page Approval configuration screen will appear.
- After configuring your desired settings, remember to click Save.
Configuring space level Page Approvals
On the space level Page Approval configuration screen, you can configure the settings for all pages in the space. These will be automatically applied and updated to any pages in the space when changes are made.
See the Page Approval macro documentation page for more details on the individual options.
By default, this setting is Disabled.
Clicking Enable Space Settings will enable Page Approval content on every page in the space.
Ignored Pages allows admins to list pages that should be ignored when enabling space-wide Page Approval.
For example, if you want every page except for your Home page and your Navigation page to have a space-wide Page Approval, you would add "Home, Navigation" into the text box.
You may also use the keyword "@all" to add a space-wide Page Approval to any page. This can be used if you want to select only a few pages which will have a space-configured Page Approval on them, but have them all use the space settings and update when the space settings are changed.
For example, if you have a space with a few pages that need to have the same Page Approval macro on them, you can turn on space-wide Page Approval and choose all your settings, using "@all" to ignore all pages in the space. Then on the required pages, manually add the Page Approval macro onto these pages, and they will all stay consistent with the same settings as retrieved from the space settings page.
- Individual Approvers - The list of users that will be automatically added as approvers to all Page Approval macros in the space
- Approvers Group - a comma-separated list of groups (e.g. confluence-users, approver-group) set to approve pages in this space.
- Checkbox to enforces an ordered list of approvals. Must have list of users defined.
- Quorum - The number of users that must approve the page to be considered approved.
- Enable Acknowledgement
- Show acknowledgment section when page is loaded
- Individual Acknowledges - The list of users that will be automatically added as acknowledgers to all Page Approval macros in this space.
- Acknowledges Group - Group of users that will be automatically added as acknowledgers to all Page Approval macros in this space.
- Expire after - an amount of time before the page expires. Options are a number and time word, such as "72 hours", "1 day", "6 months" or "1 year". Time periods allowed are year, month, day, hour.
- Expiry month - specifies a fixed, recurring month when the page will expire.
- Expiry day - Specifies a fixed, recurring day of the month when the page will expire.
Page Approval Notifications
- Notified users
- Notified actions
- Notify on approval events
- Notify on acknowledgment events