- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This guide will help you set up a connection between JIRA Service Desk and Salesforce.
Accessing the Salesforce Connections Screen
This guide assumes you have already installed the Connector beforehand.
- Go to the Cog Icon > Add-ons.
- In the sidebar, under Salesforce, click Connections:
- You will be taken to the Salesforce Connections screen:
If you also have Salesforce and JIRA Cloud Connector installed, you may see 2 Salesforce links in the sidebar.
Having both Salesforce & JIRA Cloud Connector and Salesforce & JIRA Service Desk Connector installed on your instance is not supported.
To avoid conflicts, we suggest choosing only one Connector that is suitable to your application.
Adding a Connection
- On the Salesforce Connections screen, click + Add Connection:
- The New Connection dialog box will appear.
Type in a suitable name for your New Connection, then click Add.
- You will now see your New Connection listed on the Salesforce Connections page.
- You'll notice that the Status is
so let's go ahead and click Authorize.
Status colour Red title NOT AUTHORIZED
- The Authorize Connection dialog box will appear.
Choose either Production or Sandbox, then click Authorize.
- You will be asked to log in to Salesforce.
Provide your credentials and log in.
- Once successful, you will see that the status will be set to
on the Salesforce Connections screen.
Status colour Green title AUTHORIZED
Congratulations! You have successfully connected Salesforce to JIRA Service Desk.