- This line was added.
- This line was removed.
- Formatting was changed.
This guide walks the JIRA administrator through the process of setting up the various functions of the JIRA Utilities add-on.
Workflow Post-Function - Copy Issue
- Go into the Workflows section and find the workflow you want to edit.
- Go into the Transition you are interested in - or create the transition (e.g. "Raise Problem")
- Click on the Post Function tab
- Go to the Cog Icon > Add to add a post-function
- Select Copy Issue Function
Select the relevant parameters:
The project to copy into, including Current Project
The issue type to copy into, including Current Issue Type
What type of link should this create, including Do not link and Subtask
- Save your transition and publish your workflow.
Workflow Post-Function - Copy Project
This is a highly specialised add-on for administrators in order to manage a large set of projects in JIRA. The setup and usability of this add-on is a little advanced so please follow this page for best practices on how to use this add-on.
- To start go to Issue Types and create a custom Issue Type called "Project Creator".
- Go to Screens and create a custom Screen called "Project Create Screen"
Go to Custom Fields and create the following Custom Fields.
When creating these bind these to the issue type "Project Creator", and only show them on the screen "Project Create Screen"
Free Text Field
On completion your screen should look like this:
- Go to Workflows and definte a workflow for creating projects.
- Add a new "Transition" back to the same Destination Step called "Create New Project"
- Set the Transition Screen to "Project Create Screen"
- On this transition add a new Post-Function called "Copy Project Function"
Set the following values:
Template Project Key
The value of the project configuration that you wish to copy
Target Project Key Custom Field
Target Project Name Custom Field
Target Project Lead Custom Field
Target Project URL Custom Field
Target Project Description Custom Field
Target Project Category
The fixed value of Project Category
I decided to fix the Project Category to a specific value per button, but in future I may make this a custom field value also.
Please let me know your thoughts on https://greenhouse.customware.net/jira/browse/CWJIRAUTIL-26
- Move this post-function under "Update change history for an issue and store the issue in the database."
- Publish your workflow
Custom Fields - Group User Select List
Two new Custom Fields that allow users to be selected from a particular group.
Go to Administration -> Custom Fields and create the new Custom Fields of type:
Group Multi User Select List
Select multiple users from within a group
Group Single User Select List
Select a single user from within a group
Once the fields are created, click the Cog Icon then Configure > Edit Options, and select the groups that apply.
This custom field allows you to show the time between the creation of the issue and the first comment.
Currently the Configure options of this custom field does not do anything
Custom Fields - Last Comments
This custom field allows you to show the last few comments on an issue. By default, only the first 200 characters of the last comment will be displayed.
Editing the Settings
By going to the Latest Comments Configuration screen, you are able to change the number of comments displayed, the maximum number of characters shown for each comment and change the order that comments are displayed in.
To edit Last Comment settings:
- Go to Cog Icon > Issues
- In the sidebar, under the Fields heading, click Custom Fields
- On your chosen custom field, go to the small Cog Icon (on the right) > Configure
- Click Edit Options
- The Latest Comments Configuration screen will appear.
On this screen, y
ou are able to change the number of comments displayed, the maximum number of characters shown for each comment and change the order that comments are displayed in.