You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version.
This page provides information about the Create and Link Administration screen.
Accessing the Administration Screen
To access the Create and Link Administration screen:
Go to Administration > Add-ons > Create and Link Configuration
This page allows you to add, edit and delete Operations
You must have at least one Operation to enable Create and Link within JIRA issue.
Adding or Editing an Operation
- Operation Text: The text for the operation as it will appear in the Create and Link Screen.
- Target Project: The project for the new issue. It can be inherited from the parent issue or chosen when used.
- Target Issue Type: The issue type for the new issue. It can be inherited from the parent issue or chosen when used.
- Link Type: The type of link and direction between the parent and newly created issue. It can also be chosen when used.
Extra arguments (supported fields) to be passed when creating the linked issue as below. The arguments field here is where you define what is copied from the original issue and what is preset.
- Due date
- Custom fields
- To set the assignee to a user jsmith, add a line assignee=jsmith
- To set the summary to "Your text here", add a line such as summary=Your text here
- To set the components to ComponentA, find the id for ComponentA and add a line such as components=10010
- To set multiple values, add multiple lines with one id value in each line.
- To set a select custom field value use the option name instead of the id. For example, add customfield_10010=My Second Option
- To set multiple values for a custom field, add multiple lines with one option value in each line.
- To set values for a cascading select custom field, pass the value for the first field like customfield_10070=10020 and the value of the second field like customfield_10070:1=10024.
How to find Components, Versions and Custom Fields Id
Go to Project > Project Name > Versions/Components
Then click the version/components. You will see the ID in the browser URL bar. Or mouse-over the version/components and you will see the ID within the generated URL in the bottom of the page
For the Custom Field ID, go to:
Administration > Issues > Fields
Then select configure next to the custom fields name. You will see the ID in the browser URL bar
- To inherit values from the parent issue, use the keyword "inherit". For example, to populate the summary from the parent, add a line summary=inherit
- To inherit custom field values from the parent issue, use the keyword "inherit" and add a line customfield_10010=inherit. This assumes that the custom field is valid in the target project.
- The inherit keyword also works with multivalue fields such as components, versions and custom multiselect fields. Since components and versions are per-project, they will only be copied if the new issue is in the same project as the parent issue, or if the target project is preconfigured in this operation and has a component or version of the same name.
- For the description, environment and summary fields, the string inherit will be replaced by the parent issues value. For example, summary=[LINKED] inherit will produce a summary such as [LINKED] ... where "..." is the parent issues summary text.
- Supported fields and their keywords are: assignee, components, description, duedate, environment, fixVersions, labels, priority, resolution, security, summary, versions (affected versions) and custom fields.
- No labels