- On a blank page, create a Redirect macro.
- On the Edit 'Redirect' Macro dialog box, enter the URL of the location you want to redirect to in the Location field.
- You may also set the following parameters:
- Delay - This is the amount in seconds to delay before the browser redirects the user.
- Visible - Selecting this will display a brief message on the page that is being redirected.
Redirecting a Page to an Attachment on Another Page
It is also possible to redirect a user directly to an attachment on another page.
To do so, append a caret "^" to the page name you are redirecting to.
When a Redirect is Blocked by a Browser
On Confluence Cloud some browsers–such as Chrome–may initially block the redirect.
If that happens, the Redirect macro will alert the user with a pop-up dialog box with the link that the page was redirecting to.
To remove this pop-up dialog box, the user needs to click on the Pop-up Blocked icon in the address bar, and allow redirects from the Confluence site.