Configuring Jira will allow your Jira users to view information from and interact with Salesforce, however you may also want your Salesforce users to do the same with Jira. This can be made possible by adding some custom buttons and sections to the Salesforce object page layout.
A Salesforce administrator will need to make these changes to Salesforce.
Your Salesforce pages may look a little different to those in the screen shots in this documentation, but the instructions should remain the same.
- Endpoints - URLs required for Salesforce configuration
- Configuring the "Create Jira Issue" button with the Create Endpoint
- Configuring the "Related Jira Issues" view with the Fetch Endpoint
- Configuring the "Pull Updates from JIRA Issue" button with the Pull Update Endpoint
- Configuring the "Synchronize to JIRA" button with the Synchronize Endpoint
- Configuring the "Link to Jira Issue" button with the Link Endpoint
- Configuring the "Associate with Jira Issue" button with the Associate Endpoint
- Writing Apex Class codes to call for Connector REST APIs
- Switching from Salesforce Classic to Lightning Experience