This feature is not available by default. If you need this, please contact our Support Engineers to schedule for a migration window.
This page outlines the steps to migrate your Connector data from Jira Server to Jira Cloud. A migration is required due to dissimilarity of data storage between these two platforms.
At the end of this guide, you will have:
- Upgraded your Jira Server connector so that you can access the data exporter.
- Produced an export file of the Jira Server connector.
- Imported the export file into your Jira Cloud connector.
- Configured your Jira Cloud connector settings.
These may take a few hours to complete.
Before you start, consider the following:
- Understand the feature differences between the connector for Jira Server and Jira Cloud.
- Allocate time for a test migration to understand the steps required to migrate data and complete re-configuration.
- This guide assumes you have successfully migrated your Jira Server data into Jira Cloud, per Atlassian's instructions.
- In Jira Server, ensure the connector is up-to-date. We recommend version 6.2.0 or newer. To check:
- Visit Add-ons > Manage add-ons.
- Find 'ServiceRocket Salesforce.com Connector Plugin' from the list.
- Expand the section to see the version.
- If you need to upgrade to the latest version, click Upgrade.
- Export the connector data:
- In the Add-ons administration page, click Export from the Cloud Connectors section.
- On the Data migration page, ensure 'Salesforce.com' is selected.
- Click Export. A process will be initiated in the background to produce the export. Click the refresh icon to fetch the latest status.
Note that it may take a few seconds (or up to a few minutes, depending on the size of your instance) to complete. If successful, you should see a table like below:
- Click Download. Save the zip file for the the next step.
- Switching to Jira Cloud, import the zip file to the Cloud Connector.
Follow the steps in Step 3 - Importing to the New Connector.
- The Jira Cloud connector comes with an app package. Install and configure Salesforce features by following the steps in Step 4 - Configuring Salesforce.