The Diagnostic Tool is provided with the Connector to allow an administrator to troubleshoot any connection issues with Salesforce.
It captures logs that were output by the Connector for every successful and unsuccessful attempt to connect with Salesforce.
Accessing the Diagnostic Tool
- Go to the Cog Icon
- In the sidebar, under Cloud Connectors, click on Diagnostics.
- A screen will be displayed with two sections:
- The top section displays possible filters for the logs in the bottom;
- The bottom section displays a list of connection events, limited to 100.
Filtering the event list
The event list can be filtered by the following fields:
- System type: A drop down list of the remote systems you connectors installed for.
- Status: A text field with two possible values: completed or started.
- User: A text field to enter a JIRA user name.
- Remote System: A drop down list of the connections configured for the connector.
- Timestamp From: A text field for the start time and date to filter the events from, written in the format "
- Timestamp To: A text field for the end time and date to filter the events to, written in the format "
In the example below, the results are filtered to show just those logs related to the connection "Development".
Viewing event details
On the Cloud Diagnostics screen, the ID column displays numbers which also happen to be hyperlinks.
Clicking these hyperlinks will load the log details for that event.
- Go to the Diagnostic Tool.
- Find the event you are interested in and click on the ID.
- The transaction logs will be shown for that event.
Example of a log with no errors
Example of a log with errors (not all displayed due to length)