This guide walks you through synchronizing Jira issues with Salesforce by pushing the changes to Salesforce.
An application link must have already been established. See: Configuring Mappings
By default, changes made to an issue that is linked to a Salesforce object will be synced across to Salesforce automatically.
In some situations this synchronization might fail due to network issues or if Salesforce is under maintenance. A manual sync would then be required after the service has been restored.
Manual synchronization for a single Jira Issue
- Go to the issue you wish to synchronize to Salesforce.
- Go to More Actions > Manage Application Links
- Click Push Changes link in the Operations column of the next screen.
- The changes will be pushed to the remote linked object and you can verify this by going to the object in Salesforce.
Manual Synchronization for Multiple Jira Issues
- Go to the Issue Navigator and search for a list of issues you want to synchronize with Salesforce.
- Go to Tools > Bulk Change > All x Issues.
- Select issues you wish to push to Salesforce. These should already have Salesforce associations.
- The next screen, Choose Operation, will have a few new operations than the standard view.
Select Push Changes to Remote System and click Next.
- A change summary screen will be displayed.
Click Confirm if you are satisfied with the changes.
- You will be taken back to the Issue Navigator. To verify your changes, go to Salesforce and check the linked objects or look at the details in individual issues.