In this page:
This page outlines the steps to migrate your Connector for Salesforce & Jira (Server/ Data Center) to Cloud.
Before you start, consider the following:
- Understand the feature differences between the connector for Jira Server and Jira Cloud.
You will be using the EAP (Early Access Program) version of the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant to migrate your Jira Server data.
EAP products are considered as Beta versions of Atlassian Cloud Products and you will first need to sign up for Atlassian's App migrations EAP program. You will then receive more details from Atlassian, including instructions on how to activate the migration feature on your Jira server.
- Allocate time for a test migration to understand the steps required to migrate data and to complete reconfiguration.
- Please ensure a complete review of the following
At the end of this guide, you will have:
- Completed a review of pre-requisites.
- Completed at least one round of navigating to "Migration Hub" then clicking "Get Started" at least once.
- Run the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant.
- You have completed all necessary pre-requisites.
- You have set aside a maintenance window for your server instance as best practice.
- Understand and set aside a specific timeline to conclude all your steps based on the steps you have run.
- You will run the Jira Cloud Migration Assistant (JCMA) to choose the projects and other data that you want to migrate.
- You will start the core migration steps by navigating to the "Migration Hub" then starting the Connector migration.
- You will do a test of a new project issue connection to Salesforce and also try to create a new issue on any existing project.
- Click on Step 1
To go back to the migration hub, click here.