This guide will help you configure the Salesforce Package. If you haven't done so, install the Salesforce Package on your Salesforce before proceeding with the following steps. The Connector for Salesforce & Jira Cloud must have also been installed and configured on your Jira Cloud instance.
- In Salesforce, click
If you are using Salesforce Classic, click Setup located on the upper right pane. > Setup.
- Search for "Package" and go to Installed Packages.
- Look for "Jira Cloud for Salesforce" and click Configure.
- You will be asked to generate an API Access Token:
- Let's switch over to your Jira Cloud instance for a moment so that we can generate a Jira access token.
- Click the Jira icon in the top left > Salesforce > Connections.
Choose your Connection, then click on> API Access Token.
If you do not see the above configuration screen, it may be because you are using the Salesforce & Jira Server Connector. For Salesforce & Jira Server Connector documentation, click here.
- A pop-up window will appear with your API Access Token.
Copy the API Access Token and paste it in the Salesforce screen from Step 3 and click Save.
- The Salesforce Package should now have a connection to your Jira Cloud:
- Configuring Lightning Experience Components; OR
- If you are using Salesforce Classic, see: Configuring Visualforce Components