This guide will help you configure the Salesforce Package. If you haven't done so, install the Salesforce Package on your Salesforce before proceeding with the following steps.
- In Salesforce, click
If you are using Salesforce Classic, click Setup located on the upper right pane. > Setup.
- Search for "Package" and go to Installed Packages.
- Look for "Jira for Salesforce" and click Configure.
You will be asked to generate an API Access Token:
- Let's switch over to your Jira instance for a moment so that we can generate a Jira access token.
- Click the Jira icon in the top left > Salesforce > Connections.
Choose your Connection, then click on> API Access Token.
If you do not see the above configuration screen, it may be because you are using the Classic Connector for Salesforce & Jira. For Classic Connector for Salesforce & Jira documentation, click here.
- A pop-up window will appear with your API Access Token.
Copy the API Access Token and paste it in the Salesforce screen from Step 3 and click Save.If you see an "Unauthorized Endpoint" error message at this point, refer to this knowledge base article to resolve the issue.
- The Salesforce Package should now have a connection to your Jira Cloud:
- Configuring Lightning Experience components; OR
- If you are using Salesforce Classic, see: Configuring Visualforce components