You can control what bound projects appear in the Projects menu on the Create Jira Issue dialog box on Salesforce.
This guide shows you how to configure this feature.
Creating a Project Filter
- Log into your Salesforce and click
If you are using Salesforce Classic, click Setup located on the upper right pane. > Setup.
- In the sidebar, use Quick Find to type "Installed Packages" then click the Installed Packages link that appears.
- Look for "JIRA Cloud for Salesforce" and click Configure.
- On the configuration screen, scroll down to the Issue Creation section, and click the
- You have 3 Filter Types to choose from:
- Allow All Projects - The default option. All bound projects will be listed in the Create Jira Issue dialog box.
- Whitelist - Only allow selected bound projects to be listed in the Create Jira Issue dialog box.
- Blacklist - Allow all bound projects except the selected projects to be listed in the Create Jira Issue dialog box.
- For this example, we've selected Whitelist for the Filter Type.
You will then be asked to select what bound projects to include in the whitelist.
- We've selected the "Management" and "Support" projects to be whitelisted.
Now, only these projects will appear in the Create Jira Issue dialog box.
- After clicking Save, the Filter Type and the bound projects that were selected will be displayed on the top right of the Issue Creation section:
Filtering by Project when creating a new Jira Issue
- After creating the filter, create a new Jira issue.
- In the Create Jira Issue dialog box, you can now choose which bound project to create the new Jira issue in.
- The projects that appear on this menu will depend on the Filter Type and selected bound projects in the Project Filter configuration shown above.