The Connector works with Jira Service Desk out of the box.
However, due to a known bug in Jira Service Desk, an extra permission configuration may be required to make it work. This bug most likely affects Jira Service Desk projects created prior to August 2016.
If your instance is affected, follow the workarounds below. It assumes that you have installed the Salesforce & Jira Cloud Connector.
- Locate Projects and open the Project desired to configure the User roles.
- In the sidebar, click Project Settings. Click Users and Roles.
- At the Users and Roles screen, ensure that the user Salesforce & Jira Cloud Connector is part of the role atlassian-addons-project-access. Otherwise, add the role and the user.
- In the sidebar, click Project Settings. Click Permissions.
- Ensure that the role atlassian-addons-project-access is granted with all permissions. Otherwise, edit the permission scheme and add the role.
A working example:
If you have not installed the Salesforce package, head on to Installing the Salesforce Package for Salesforce & Jira Cloud Connector.
Otherwise, visit Setting up a Connection to Salesforce.