This page will guide you through the process of installing the Salesforce Package for Salesforce & Jira Cloud Connector, which is an optional process for when you want to perform various actions from within Salesforce.
This is the first step in allowing users to create or synchronize Salesforce objects to issues in Jira.
Before proceeding, ensure you have Installed the Connector in your Jira Cloud instance.
What if there's a new version?
When a new version of the package is available, ServiceRocket will push an upgrade to your Salesforce instance. This will ensure your instance automatically receives bug fixes and improvements without the hassle of manual upgrade(s).
- Go to the ServiceRocket Connector for Salesforce and Jira Cloud on Salesforce AppExchange.
- Click the Get It Now button to start the installation.
- Log in and choose to install either in production or sandbox:
- Review the terms and conditions, then click Confirm and Install.
- You will be taken to the Package Installation Landing Page:
You will be provided with 3 options:
- Install for Admins Only
- Install for All Users
- Install for Specific Profiles...
Salesforce Professional editions will only have option b available.
- Choose the option you want and click Install.
You may see the following message:
Go take a coffee break in the meantime. Salesforce will send you an email notifying you when the package is ready.
- After the package is ready and installed, click Done and you will be taken to the Installed Packages screen:
- Security Statement for more information).
In the Quick Find box in the sidebar, type "remote site settings".
Now, let's add a Remote Site to allow connection to intermediary server hosted by ServiceRocket (see
- Click on Remote Site Settings link that appears.
- On the All Remote Sites screen, click the New Remote Site button.
- On the Edit Remote Sites screen, enter the following details:
Remote Site Name:
Remote Site URL:
- Click Save.
Congratulations! You have installed the Salesforce & Jira Cloud Connector Package.