This page will guide you through the process of installing the Salesforce Package for Connector for Salesforce & Jira, which is a mandatory process to perform various actions from within Salesforce.
This is the first step in allowing users to create or synchronize Salesforce objects to issues in Jira.
Before proceeding, ensure you have Installed the Connector in your Jira instance.
What if there's a new version?
When a new version of the package is available, ServiceRocket will push an upgrade to your Salesforce instance. This will ensure your instance automatically receives bug fixes and improvements without the hassle of a manual upgrade.
When a new version of the package is available, an admin will have to manually update the Salesforce package.
- Download the Salesforce package for your Jira:
- Log in and choose to install either in production or sandbox:
- Review the terms and conditions, then click Confirm and Install.
- You will be taken to the Package Installation Landing Page:
- You will be provided with 3 options:
- Install for Admins Only
- Install for All Users
- Install for Specific Profiles...
Choose the option you want and click Install.
- Salesforce will send you an email notifying you when the Salesforce Package is ready.
- After the Salesforce Package is ready and installed, click Done and you will be taken to the Installed Packages screen:
(If you're using Jira Cloud, the Salesforce Package needs to connect to an intermediary server hosted by ServiceRocket. See Security statement for more information.)
In the Quick Find box in the sidebar, type "remote site settings".
Add a Remote Site to allow a connection from the Salesforce Package to your Jira.
- Click the Remote Site Settings link that appears.
- On the All Remote Sites screen, click the New Remote Site button.
On the Edit Remote Sites screen, enter the following details based on whether you're using Jira Cloud or Jira Server:
- Click Save.
Congratulations! You have installed the Salesforce Package.