Both Jira Cloud and Jira Server are supported.
All Jira Cloud editions are supported: Jira Core, Jira Service Desk, and Jira Software.
For Jira Server, be aware of the following requirements:
- Version: You must have Jira version 7.3.0 or above.
- Domain name: Jira should run on a qualified domain name e.g.
- Outbound traffic: Jira should be able to make outgoing requests to Salesforce servers.
- Inbound traffic: Jira should be able to receive incoming requests from Salesforce servers.
For Jira Server, your instance must be publicly exposed to the Internet or at least to the Salesforce IPs/domains.
- Connector for Salesforce & Jira Cloud supports all web browsers supported by Jira Cloud.
- Connector for Salesforce & Jira Server supports all web browsers supported by Jira Server.
The following Salesforce editions are supported on both Cloud and Server. This covers both production and sandbox instances:
|Salesforce Professional||Salesforce Professional Edition has certain limitations especially with regards to Apex trigger support. Automated synchronization from Salesforce to Jira is not possible though synchronization from Jira to Salesforce is possible. For more information, see Automating your integration.|
|Salesforce Essentials||Currently unsupported|
- Both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience are supported.
- Connector for Salesforce & Jira requires installation of an AppExchange-certified managed package. This is a managed package so it will not be pushed automatically to Professional Edition instances but Salesforce API access for this Connector will be automatically enabled in the organization.
- Jira next-gen projects are currently not fully supported.