1. What makes the New Connector stand out?
The New Connector was rebuilt with the aim to create a brand new experience with powerful capabilities for both administrators and users. Combined with over 10 years of our experience in providing similar solutions, the New Connector is set to be a great platform for everything Jira and Salesforce.
in the New Connector, we introduced an AppExchange package, an easy setup for administrators, native support for Lightning Experience and Chatter, full directional sync of Files and attachments, advanced Jira issue creation from Salesforce, and more.
2. How do I try it out?
Head on to Atlassian Marketplace for a free 30-day trial license.
3. Do I need to install any extra app for my Salesforce organization?
Yes, you are required to install a Salesforce package. More information can be found by reading this documentation.
4. Is this a Salesforce-verified app?
Yes, our Salesforce packages for this app, ServiceRocket Connector for Salesforce and Jira (Server) and ServiceRocket Connector for Salesforce and Jira (Cloud) have passed Salesforce Security Review and are officially available on Salesforce Appexchange.
5. Is there a Data Center edition?
Yes, the Data Center version of the app is available here.
6. Is this product certified by Salesforce AppExchange?
Yes, ServiceRocket Connector for Salesforce and Jira (Server) and ServiceRocket Connector for Salesforce and Jira (Cloud) have passed Salesforce Security Review and are officially available on Salesforce Appexchange.
7. Is there a live webinar or demo to learn about this Connector?
Sign up for our demo sessions here, which covers the connector use cases, features, and configurations.
8. What are the system requirements?
You may review our notes on supported platforms and system requirements.
9. I have further questions. Where can I ask?
Raise a support ticket with our 24/7 support team.
Classic Connector Questions
1. What is the difference between the New and Classic Connectors?
The New Connector was rebuilt from the ground up with brand new experience and powerful capabilities in mind. It is very much inspired by our Connector for Jira Cloud, which has received a great response from our Jira Cloud customer base.
To compare, the New Connector introduced an AppExchange package, easy setup for administrators, native support for Lightning, Chatter, full directional sync of Files and attachments, advanced Jira issue creation from Salesforce, and more. If you are interested to know the feature differences, take a look at our notes.
2. Can I use the new Connector now?
If you are using the Classic Connector and wishing to move to Jira Cloud, you can use our Jira Cloud Migration Service to facilitate your app migration.
If you are using the Classic Connector and you wish to switch to the new Connector on Server or DC, you have two options:
- if you don't plan to keep your Classic Connector data and configurations. The New Connector uses a new data storage and a new set of configurations, hence, a direct version upgrade will not work.
- Currently, there is no supported way to migrate from the Classic to New Connector (Server), although ServiceRocket will be announcing a migration tool in the coming months, feel free to add a comment or a vote on the idea here.
3. How will you support the products moving forward?
For existing customers of the Classic Connector, ServiceRocket will continue to provide support, compatibility releases, and bug fixes as we normally would, as well as delivering feature enhancements where necessary. New or major features will only be introduced through the New connector.
4. Are you going to discontinue the Classic Connector?
We don't have any specific plans yet and we will keep updating and delivering bug fixes/improvements and compatibility for the foreseeable future. Any plans to discontinue the product will be announced ahead of time to all of our existing customers. We want to make sure existing customers like you are not disrupted and will have sufficient time and planning to migrate to the New Connector.
We will start sharing timelines when the migration tool is ready for use.
5. Can I still use the Classic Connector?
Yes, we will honor the terms of the purchased license which entitle you to support and upgrades during the maintenance period.
Atlassian Marketplace app license holders are also entitled to the perpetuity of the license, which allows you to continue using the Connector (but not the receiving of support and upgrades) even after the maintenance expires.
6. Can I renew the maintenance for Classic Connector?
Yes, you may renew through the usual channels. Please note that in the case of discontinuation of the Classic Connector, you will no longer be able to renew its license.
Any remaining maintenance period will be entitled as credits towards the New Connector license.
7. How do I migrate to the new Connector?
You will be able to use a migration tool that ServiceRocket will be launching in a few months time. We will here once we plan the release date.
8. What is your recommendation for Classic Connector users?
If you are evaluating the Classic Connector, we would recommend you to start evaluating the New Connector instead.
For existing users, keep using the Classic Connector as you will continue to receive support from ServiceRocket. We will be contacting you in the future, to announce the availability of a migration tool and discontinuation date.
Purchasing and Licensing Questions
1. Where can I purchase the Connector?
Head on to the Atlassian Marketplace, to start your trial or purchase a new license.
2. How much does a license cost?
See pricing table.
3. I just bought a new license for Classic Connector. Can I switch to the new Connector?
If you need to switch, you can ask for a refund within the usual 30 days period after purchase. Contact Atlassian Support for licenses from Atlassian Marketplace, or ServiceRocket Support for licenses from ServiceRocket Marketplace.