This page will guide you on how to create a Salesforce object (such as a Case) from a Jira issue. All the Salesforce objects created will honor the field and value mapping settings.
To create a Salesforce object:
- You must be a Jira user with Edit Issue permission.
- Your administrator must have bound the Jira project to a Salesforce connection.
Creating a new Salesforce Object from a Jira Issue
- In a Jira issue, look under the Salesforce section on the right side of the screen.
If you have the new Jira issue view enabled, click Associate or create a record.
If not, skip to Step 2.
- Click Create Salesforce Object.
- The Create Salesforce Object window pops up.
- Choose the Object Type you want to create.
The Salesforce Objects that appear as options here will depend on how the mapping configuration has been set up.
- You may also choose to toggle the following options:
- View Only - Manual and automatic synchronization will be disabled
- Automatic Push - Changes to this issue will be pushed automatically to the associated Salesforce object
- Automatic Pull - Changes to the associated Salesforce object will be pulled automatically
- When you are satisfied with the options you have selected, click Create.
An association will appear in the Salesforce section.