You can produce a report of associations between Jira issues and Salesforce objects.
This can help you in knowing the state of your associations, so you can use it for various purposes:
- For developers, prioritize your escalated tickets by looking at the number of associated Cases per Jira issue.
- For product teams, get to know the popularity of feature requests you are tracking in Jira.
- For sales teams, let your development team know about the impact of the fixes they are delivering by looking at how many Leads and Opportunities will benefit from it.
Accessing the Report Page
If you are using Jira Cloud, click the Jira icon in the top left ( > Salesforce > Reports. , , , or )
If you are using Jira Server, click the Salesforce menu at the top of the screen > Reports.
Running a Report
The report page can accept a standard JQL query. Click Search to run the report.
The results will return a list of:
- Jira issues
- An aggregated column showing the total number of associations
- Hyperlinked IDs of their associated Salesforce objects
If you also filter results by Salesforce Object, two extra columns will appear displaying primary and secondary fields, based on what you configured in the Connection Configuration screen.
In the following screen, the last two columns are populated by the "Subject" field (primary field) and "Priority" field (secondary field) respectively.
Note that you can't run a report with an ORDER BY clause yet.
Filtering Reporting Results by Connection
Specify a Salesforce Connection in this dropdown menu to filter the results by Connection.
Filtering Reporting Results by Salesforce Object
To filter the results by Salesforce Object, use the Salesforce Object dropdown menu to choose an Object. This only works if you have specified a Connection in the Connection dropdown menu.
Exporting Reporting Results to CSV
An Export button will appear on the top right after a report has been generated. Clicking this button will generate a CSV file.
However, if the report generates too many items and the results are paginated, the exported CSV will only render the results that are shown on the current page.