Before You Begin
The Workplace & Jira Connector is being supported on every Jira Core, Jira Software, and Jira ServiceDesk versions that are on a parallel with Atlassian's end-of-life support. For example, Jira Core version 7.3 will be supported by Atlassian until January 3, 2019, until then the Workplace & Jira Connector is expected to work and be supported until then. For a full list of end-of-life support refer to this page.
- You must have the Jira System Administrators global permission before you can carry out the instructions on this page.
- You must have the Workplace Administrator permission before you can carry out the instructions on this page.
To install Workplace & Jira Connector, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Jira instance as an admin.
- Go to
The Find new add-ons screen loads. > Add-ons.
- Locate "Workplace & Jira Connector" via search.
- Click Free trial to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for the Workplace & Jira Connector.
Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian. While the App is in Beta this step will not be triggered.
- Click Apply license. While the App is in Beta this step will not be triggered.
- Wait until the App is installed.
To configure the Workplace and Configuration we would need to configure it from both Workplace and Jira and would require both administrator privileges on both platforms.
- If you are continuing from the installation of the App you can click on the Get Started button on the dialog box or click on the side menu the Connection Configuration link under Workplace & Jira Connector section.
- On the Connection and Configuration page fill-in the following fields to connect your Jira instance with your Workplace instance.
- Workplace URL - The URL of your Workplace. Example: your-domain.facebook.com
- Jira Username - The Jira user to be used to interact between Workplace and Jira.
- Jira Password - The Jira password of the user to be used to interact between Workplace and Jira.
- After saving the Connection Settings you will be prompted to go to Workplace and give proper permission to the integration. Do this by clicking the Install Workplace App button on the warning dialog.
- On Workplace a dialog window will be opened asking to add and give permission to the integration. Review and then click the Add to Workplace button to proceed.
- A window will pop up confirming the installation in Workplace has finished.
- Go back to your Jira instance and refresh the page. This will re-test the connection and should display a message that the integration between the two platforms is working.